- Meaning: Amazonite, often referred to as the Stone of Courage and the Stone of Truth, empowers one to search the self and discover one’s own truths and integrity, and to move beyond fear of judgment or confrontation.
- Healing Properties: The healing properties of Amazonite are known to benefit the throat, thyroid, and nerve pathways, aiding in cell regeneration and healing after trauma or injury.
- Protection: As a protective stone, Amazonite helps to balance the emotions and gives physical stamina, while its energy filtering capability shields against electromagnetic pollution.
- Usage: Usage of Amazonite includes wearing it as jewelry, carrying it as a stone, or using it in meditation to open up the Heart and Throat Chakras, promoting communication and clarity.
- Care: To care for Amazonite, it's recommended to cleanse it under running lukewarm water, and to recharge it under the moonlight, avoiding direct sunlight as it may affect the stone’s color.
What is Amazonite?
Amazonite is a variety of potassium feldspar and is the mineral class of Microcline. It is part of the triclinic crystal system and has a vitreous luster. Amazonite comes in shades of purple, grey, green, and blue. Most often it is a greenish blue color. The meaning of Amazonite is to soothe anxiety and bring clarity.
Take a look at our essential guide to healing gemstones and find a crystal that captures you.
Amazonite Healing Crystal
- Named the Hope Stone
- Said to line the shields of Amazon Warriors
- The gemstone on the tomb of Tutankhamun
Plunge into the cool coloring of Amazonite gemstones. Glimmering blue-green in its hues, Amazonite echoes with ancient tales, jungle magic, and the sweeping flow of one of the world’s most mystical rivers. Nicknamed The Hope Stone, Amazonite doesn’t shy away from putting a positive spin on life but doesn’t delve in blindly. It’s a gemstone that calls on the spirit of inner strength, magnified intention and a commitment to using that can-do attitude to get what you want.
This soulful gemstone has long been used as a talisman of truth and hope. As the gentle energetic flow of its color scheme suggests, it comes from the dense green riverbanks of South America’s rainforests, where monkeys scramble and parrots bring a flash of exotic color to the trees. Amazonite can also be found on the vanilla-scented sands of Madagascar and the icy depths of Russia’s tundra. It’s a stone that is mined in the most extraordinary of places and perhaps this adds to its mystical and watery nature.
Amazonite has been around forever, and legend has it – this was the stone that lined the shields of the mythical Amazonian warrior princesses. The grace and glory of Amazonite spans centuries, it was also the gemstone that adorned the temples and tombs of Tutankhamun and was used to make the tablets that formed the elusive Book of the Dead. But even grandiose historical connections aside, strong healing properties and deep-set connections to the heart chakra and the throat chakra mark out the Amazonite stone as being something special. If you dream of living deeper, standing strong and proud in your authentic light and manifesting universal love, choosing to use Amazonite could be one of the best decisions you make.
Let’s delve a little deeper into the queen of green stones and take a closer look at the hidden magic and meanings behind the amazing Amazonite gemstone…
To find your personal stone, check out our complete healing crystal guide here.